By Ghexia (www.lagriffedeghexia.com)
Story of the creation
The Golden Snitch pattern is a rearrangement of the Fairies from The Legend of Zelda : I redesigned the wings to make them thinner and longer. Furthermore, being a Harry Potter fan, I couldn't help but create a pattern in the effigy of this saga !
I wish you a good crochet time !
A little playlist to listen to during the conception of your precious Golden Snitch :
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- I chose to use Azuro yarn color 327-3 for its golden and shiny aspect. However, it is possible that we may not be able to find it anymore. In all cases, you can use any yarn as long as it is yellow / gold (for the ball) and white (for the wings), with one or more corresponding hook(s).
- The Golden Snitch measures about 2,8cm (1.1") by 6cm (2.36") when its wings are backwards as shown in the main photo.
- The ball is worked in the spiral : don't close the rounds with a slip stitch.
- Feel free to tick the small next to the rows when you have finished them !
With the yellow / gold Azuro yarn and a 2,5mm (C) crochet hook.
1- Magic circle 6sc
2- *1inc* (12)
3- *1sc, 1inc* (18)
4- *1sc* (18)
5- *1sc* (18)
6- *1sc* (18)
7- *1sc* (18)
8- *1sc* (18)
9- *1sc, 1dec* (12)
10- *1dec* (6)
The wings (x2)
Leave a long tail at the beginning to sew the wings to the body afterwards.
With the white Drops Muskat and the 3mm (D) crochet hook.
2- 2sc in the 2nd st, ch1, turn
3- 1sc, 1inc (3), ch1, turn
4- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
5- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
6- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
7- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
8- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
9- *1sc* (3), ch1, turn
10- 2sc (don't crochet the last st), ch1, turn
11- 2sc, ch1, turn
12- 1sc (don't crochet the last st), ch1, turn
Sew the wings to the body, right in the middle in height and width.
Well done, you have finished !
If you have any questions or problems about the pattern, or if you want to send me a small picture of your finished project so that I can add it with pleasure to the gallery of this post, contact me via the comments, the contact form or at this e-mail address (specifying in the subject the name of the pattern) :
If you have any questions or problems about the pattern, or if you want to send me a small picture of your finished project so that I can add it with pleasure to the gallery of this post, contact me at this e-mail addresse (specifying in the subject the name of the pattern) :
- A 3mm (D) crochet hook (for the Drops) and a 2,5mm (C) crochet hook (for the Azuro)
- A few meters of Drops Muskat col. 18 for the wings and of Azuro col. 327-3 for the ball
- A yarn needle to sew and to weave in ends
- A pair of scissors
- A small amount of fiberfill stuffing
- A stitch marker
- st(s) : stitch(es)
- ch : chain
- sc : single crochet
- inc : increase
- dec : decrease
- f/o : fasten off
Not important : just check that your stitches are tight enough so that the stuffing does not come out !
A design by Ghexia (Gaëlle Martinage) - © La Griffe de Ghexia - All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only. The tutorial can not be (in whole or in part) reproduced, resold and modified. The translation and the publication (online or printed) are NOT allowed without my permission, except for strictly personal use. However, you can sell the finished products if they are handmade by you and as long as I am credited (e.g. : “This product was handmade by ........ from a pattern of Ghexia / www.lagriffedeghexia.com”). If you share your finished creation, don't forget to credit me as the designer. You can also, if you wish, specify the link of the pattern. Thanks ! ♥