By Ghexia (www.lagriffedeghexia.com)
Story of the creation
Today, I wanted to share with you my pattern to do amigurumi eyes. These are the same eyes you can see on the MilliYarn version of my MilliGhexia :
I wish you a good crochet time !
A song to listen to during the making of your eye(s) :
- This pattern is written in US terms.
- To make it easier for you to see, I chose to use a bigger thread and a larger hook, i.e. a 3.5mm (E) crochet hook and Zeeman Royal acrylic and equivalent.
- You can crochet these eyes for any use : in decoration or for amigurumis of all sizes, so feel free to vary the size, the colors...
- For comparison, to make MilliGhexia's eyes (which measure about 9mm by 7mm — 0.35" by 0.27"), I used tripled sewing thread (following my technique) and a 1mm (10) crochet hook.
- This pattern is explained in step-by-step photos (just below) and in one block if you don't need the photos anymore (at the end of the post).
- In row 2, we will crochet into the back loop only to avoid the demarcations between the colors.
- Feel free to tick the small next to the rows when you have finished them !
The eye (step-by-step)
The eye (succinctly)
1- mc 6sc, close with 1slst by switching to white
2- In the BLO : (1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc in the same st), 2sc, (1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc in the same st), 2sc (10)
3- In both loops : 1sc, (1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc), 5sc, (1hdc, 1dc, 1hdc), 3sc by switching to beige in the last st (15)
4- In the FLO : 11sc to make the high eyelid only
Pass the needle, threaded with the black thread, from the wrong side to the right side of the eye in the middle of the magic circle. Then, taking care to hold the back thread with your finger, wrap the thread 5 times around the needle and pull it into the same hole but taking a few strands in your path to prevent the knot from unraveling !
Weave in the ends.
Tip ! You can sew the eyes to the face by using the end threads and by sewing in the back loop of the white part of the eye (junction's row between the white and the beige, since we took the front loop with beige, it remains the back loop of the last row of white.)
Well done, you have finished !
If you have any questions or problems about the pattern, or if you want to send me a small picture of your finished project so that I can add it with pleasure to the gallery of this post, contact me via the comments, the contact form or at this e-mail address (specifying in the subject the name of the pattern) :
If you have any questions or problems about the pattern, or if you want to send me a small picture of your finished project so that I can add it with pleasure to the gallery of this post, contact me at this e-mail addresse (specifying in the subject the name of the pattern) :
- A few meters of the 4 colors you want for the iris, pupil, the white part and eyelid
- A corresponding crochet hook
- A yarn, embroidering or sewing needle depending on the size of the yarn
- A pair of scissors
- A stitch marker
- st(s) : stitch(es)
- mc : magic circle
- sc : single crochet
- slst : slip stitch
- hdc : half double crochet
- dc : double crochet
- BLO : back loop only
- FLO : front loop only
- f/o : fasten off
Not important !
A design by Ghexia (Gaëlle Martinage) - © La Griffe de Ghexia - All rights reserved. This pattern is for personal use only. The tutorial can not be (in whole or in part) reproduced, resold and modified. The translation and the publication (online or printed) are NOT allowed without my permission, except for strictly personal use. However, you can sell the finished products if they are handmade by you and as long as I am credited (e.g. : “This product was handmade by ........ from a pattern of Ghexia / www.lagriffedeghexia.com”). If you share your finished creation, don't forget to credit me as the designer. You can also, if you wish, specify the link of the pattern. Thanks ! ♥